Asynchronous-capable DNS client library and utilities
install size: 452509
build date: 2019-01-25 23:57:59 +0000
package file: adns-1.5.1.tgz
package size: 169962
adns is a DNS resolver library and a collection of utilities that use the
library. The adns library has the following features:
* It is reasonably easy to use for simple programs which just want to
translate names to addresses, look up MX records, etc.
* It can be used in an asynchronous, non-blocking, manner. Many
queries can be handled simultaneously.
* Responses are decoded automatically into a natural representation
for a C program - there is no need to deal with DNS packet formats.
* Sanity checking (eg, name syntax checking, reverse/forward
correspondence, CNAME pointing to CNAME) is performed automatically.
* Time-to-live, CNAME and other similar information is returned in an
easy-to-use form, without getting in the way.
* There is no global state in the library; resolver state is an
opaque data structure which the client creates explicitly. A
program can have several instances of the resolver.
* Errors are reported to the application in a way that distinguishes
the various causes of failure properly.
* Understands conventional resolv.conf, but this can overridden by
* Flexibility. For example, the application can tell adns to: ignore
environment variables (for setuid programs), disable hostname
syntax sanity checks to return arbitrary data, override or ignore
resolv.conf in favour of supplied configuration, etc.
|bin/adnsheloex||2019-01-25 16:57||18192 bytes|
|bin/adnshost||2019-01-25 16:57||41752 bytes|
|bin/adnslogres||2019-01-25 16:57||18152 bytes|
|bin/adnsresfilter||2019-01-25 16:57||23264 bytes|
|include/adns.h||2019-01-25 16:57||42321 bytes|
|lib/libadns.la||2019-01-25 16:57||936 bytes|
|lib/libadns.a||2019-01-25 16:57||181252 bytes|
|lib/libadns.so||2019-01-25 16:57||0 bytes|
|lib/libadns.so.1||2019-01-25 16:57||0 bytes|
|lib/libadns.so.1.0.5||2019-01-25 16:57||126608 bytes|